Uncertainty is a part of life. Especially when it comes to your health. You've seen it yourself. Some of us go through life without ever facing a major health crisis, while some of us don't.
What can I do about this?
We can't stop these problems from occurring. All we can do is to make them easier to deal with. That's why we all have home, and auto insurance. Why is it then that many of us fail to get Health Insurance?
One of the best ways to deal with expensive health problems is health insurance.
Currently, the most comprehensive health insurance option for Atlantic Canadians is the Elements Health Plan by Medavie Blue Cross. This plan covers many of the expensive products and services that are not covered by the Provincial Health Plan.
- There are no overall maximums on drug coverage. In any given calendar year, if your drug costs exceed $4500, everything beyond that is 100% covered!
- You will be issued a Medavie Blue Cross card that is accepted at most Pharmacies, Physiotherapy Clinics and Optometry Clinics (as well as many other Businesses). This means you will only have to pay your deductible up front! No submitting 100% upfront and waiting for a refund.
- Medavie Blue Cross Health Insurance will never terminate you because of your age, or because of any illnesses that you may acquire after you are covered.
Just a few of these items can easily cost you thousands. However, if you secure a Medavie Blue Cross health Plan you will be financially prepared to face any health issues life may bring your way.
What your Provincial Health Plan Covers
Your province provides you with a certain level of medical coverage. This includes hospital stays, surgeries and doctor’s visits. However, expenses that occur outside of the hospital or your doctors office are not covered. For example, prescription drugs, dental and physio are not covered by your provincial health plans.Many of these can be and can be very expensive. By having you own personal health insurance plan in place, you can rest assured that you will always have access to affordable health care. Saving you from having to pay thousands of dollars out of pocket expenses when you become ill or injured.
Should I buy now, or wait until I am older?
Having your plan in place while you are healthy ensures that your future health is protected. If you wait until you get sick to secure a health plan, your pre-existing conditions will not be covered. This means that you will have to pay for the high cost of drugs or treatments associated with your illness. Do you have pre-existing conditions? I can help you find the best providers with the best products for most unique situations.
Medavie Blue Cross Health Insurance Plans
Medavie Blue Cross is the most trusted name in health insurance. With over 75 years of experience is providing excellent health insurance to Atlantic Canadians. As a highly experienced insurance agent and one of the largest providers of individual Medavie Blue Cross insurance products in the region, experience shows that everyone has different priorities when it comes to their health. The Medavie Blue Cross Health Insurance options reflect this through the variety of plans available, and the flexibility they allow—each plan to be tailored to suit your needs. Want to know more? Download this helpful guide or call for a consultation.
Benefits of Medavie Blue Cross Insurance
- Prescription costs can be very expensive. With Medavie Blue Cross, you’ll pay as little as 20% to a maximum of $50 to fill your prescription.
- Medavie Blue Cross never caps the amount they’ll cover for medications. Ask how you can get 100% coverage.
- Your plan belongs to you. You control your plan so you’re free to move to a new job or embark on a new career without worrying if your family will remain covered.
- Your plan will reimburse you for a portion of the cost of routine but costly expenses such as visits to the dentist or optometrist and eyeglasses. Some plans even cover massage therapy, trips to the naturopath, and acupuncture as well as hearing aids and orthopedic shoes.
- You’re also entitled to a reimbursement on medical equipment, like wheelchairs, motorized scooters, hospital beds, and you’ll never run out of coverage.
- Accidents and illnesses can be expensive and you might find that should you become ill or unable to work, that your coverage will pay for itself.
Some Examples of Real World Out-of-Pocket Expenses
Buying prescriptions and other necessary items have become part of our daily lives. However, most of us don't realize how a bunch of smaller expenses can really add up. To illustrate this point, we have listed some of the most common out of pocket health expenses for a standard family:
|Annual Medical Expense||Your Expected Cost|
|Three full eye exams||$360|
|Contacts / Glasses||$520|
|Blood pressure medication||$245|
|Three dental cleanings||$480|
Of course, these are just the average every day family expenses. This list does not include some other very expensive health treatments such as:
- Cancer drugs taken outside of a hospital setting (which can easily cost thousands),
- Drugs & medical devices associated with heart attack and stroke (which can easily cost thousands),
- Medical devices required after a serious accident (costs hundreds to thousands),
- Diabetic supplies (costs hundreds to thousands per year),
When you consider all of these potential expenses, it makes good sense to own a quality Health Insurance Plan. Don't you think?
Personal Health Insurance
Medavie Blue Cross offers you the flexibility to create a plan that will address your family’s unique needs. With the Elements Plans—Entry, Essential and Enhanced—you can avoid paying for unexpected medical costs and your plan could include vision care, dental care, prescriptions and even enhanced coverage like hospitalization and travel. Call today to learn more or look at the Elements Comparison chart and our other helpful resources.
Assured Access Insurance
Group health benefits can change with very little notice. To be sure that you’ll be covered after a change in your circumstances you’ll want Assured Access insurance. Assured Access protects you from losing your access to prescription drugs, chiropractor visits, dentist check-ups, and appointments with the physiotherapist or optometrist. This coverage is based on your health status at the time the plan was originally purchased and will be available to you if you retire, change jobs, or lose your group benefits for any other reason so call now when you’re healthy to guarantee your coverage.
Individual Dental Plan
If you’re covered for health insurance through your company’s group plan but do not have access to dental coverage, you might be able to qualify for a stand alone Medavie Blue Cross dental package. The individual dental plan can cover costs like routine dentist visits, exams, x-rays, and fillings as well as extractions. Dental costs can add up very quickly, so adding this stand alone plan to your existing coverage makes good financial sense. Call to find out how much this kind of plan might cost you —it could be less than a few trips to the dentist!
Health insurance is like any other insurance; you buy it when you’re healthy and hope you never have to use it. So, are you ready to get the medical coverage you and your family deserve? Call me today to discuss which package is best for your needs.