It’s Simple and Flexible.
Sometimes your health situation can disqualify you from getting a standard Medavie Blue Cross insurance plan. However, if for some reason you are unable to qualify there is another option for you.
Our Guaranteed Issue Health Plan provides basic coverage for routine medical expenses such as massage therapist, chiropractor, ambulance, diabetic supplies/medical equipment, prescription drugs, dental and more!
There is no medical underwriting so your medical history won’t prevent you from securing this health plan. Our Guaranteed Issue Health Plan covers pre-existing conditions, Acceptance is Guaranteed.
The plan includes a range of health benefits and offers two options for adding drug coverage. For members planning trips out of province, there is also optional travel coverage.
Below is a basic summary of what is typically covered. There are too many options to show here. Feel free to call us at 1.877.967.4323 if you’d like to discuss your needs with us. We should be able to get you set up with a plan that suits your specific situation. If you’d rather call our local number it’s 709-706-BLUE (2583)
Here are some of the health expense categories that are covered (Click the blue buttons to see more details):
- Chiropractor up to $300 per year
- Massage Therapist up to $300 per year
- Osteopath up to $300 per year
- Physiotherapist up to 20 visits per year
- Podiatrist/Chiropodist up to $300 per year
- Psychologist/Social Worker/Clinical Counsellor up to $300 per year
- Speech Therapist up to $300 per year
- 100% coverage for up to 90 days per year
- $30 a day when a semi-private room is not available
- 8 month waiting period for claims related to pregnancy
*1 unit = 15 minutes
- Loss of life: 100% of $25,000/$5,000
- Loss of, or loss of use of, both hands or both feet: 100% of $25,000/$5,000
- Loss of, or loss of use of, one hand and one foot: 100% of $25,000/$5,000
- Loss of entire sight of both eyes: 100% of $25,000/$5,000
- Loss of, or loss of use of, one hand or one foot: 50% of $25,000/$5,000